day 5: blue

The fifth color of the rainbow connotes peace, loyalty, and faith. From afar, the earth is mainly a combination of green (land) and blue (water), and water comprises about 70% of the planet. During the (first) Aquino and Ramos administrations in the Philippines, we experienced a lot of brownouts, and if these lasted for hours, our water supply would consequently stop. That was difficult because we used water to do almost everything (wash stuff, take a shower, drink, cook, etc). It didn’t matter if we didn’t have electricity but water was a big necessity. So I guess blue for me also represents life.
source: www.123rf.com

I remember I used to wear blue contact lenses for I-can't-remember-how-long when I was working in the Philippines. That was when I was too lazy to wear glasses; so instead of wearing clear contacts, I chose blue-colored ones. I know Filipinos don't have natural blue eyes, but I guess I was just crazy that way. Bumagay naman, so ok lang =)

This color also happens to be the motif of our wedding. Actually, it was turquoise, but it looks pretty much the same.
with our secondary sponsors

Comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...