11 June 2011

day 2: orange

According to blurtit.com, the color orange symbolizes energy, zest, enthusiasm and creativity. For me, orange represents, well...an orange. You know, the round citrus fruit, packed with vitamin C that can be eaten as a snack.

Before, I didn’t like eating oranges. Mandarins I like, but not oranges. I loved drinking the fresh juice (even better if there's pulp), but eating it was not for me...until I became pregnant. That’s when I started craving for them, and I would eat up to two or three oranges a day (in addition to the full glass of fresh juice I would regularly take in the morning). After I gave birth to Caila, I went back to not eating them. This also happens to be our daughter’s favorite color.

My previous company’s logo is colored orange. I remember there was a time when we took part in a run organized by Foresight, which was an organization that came about through the inspiration of a lady who was diagnosed with Retinitis Pigmentosa. The official color of Foresight is orange because that’s the only color people with RP can recognize. However, the picture below was taken when we took part in the annual Dubai Terry Fox Run in 2006 (I think).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts