02 June 2011

my eyes are addicted to chocolate

I keep telling myself that I have to control myself when my sweet tooth attacks, or at least not give in to the temptation to put chocolates and candies in the trolley when we go to the supermarket.

You see, ever since we started regularly buying our groceries at Lulu Hypermarket, I almost always happen to see a new product or something that I missed eating in their confectionary section. Remember my post about the Reese’s Peanut Butter Miniature Cups? We found those at Lulu Hypermarket. A few weeks later, I saw Mounds bars in their shelves and I couldn’t resist getting a pack. I know it’s like Bounty, but this is made of dark chocolate and Bounty can be found anywhere in Dubai; this was the first time I saw Mounds here. And last week, they had Orange- and Mint-flavored Kit Kat bars! Without looking at the prices (I was afraid to), I took a pack of each. Then, as I mentioned here, I bought a pack of White Maltesers at Spinneys which I thought were no longer available.See how much of a chocolate addict my eyes are?! Yes, my EYES. Because I’m not that much of an addict. Once we buy the chocolates, I don’t open them right away. Instead I store them in our kitchen cabinet until any one of us (usually me) wants to eat them...and even when they’re open, we don’t finish them in one sitting. They can last up to 2 weeks or even 2 months! Naturally, we check their expiration dates to make sure we don’t end up wasting them and throwing them in the bin. The packs of Kit Kat and Maltesers (not to mention the bars of Milka and Yogurette chocolates from my sister who visited Germany last week) are still unopened until today.

On the positive side, at least I can eat and share them...unlike if I were a shoeaholic or bagaholic or clothesaholic (are those even real words?). On the downside, well, there’s no need to even think about it! Everyone knows that chocolate is a dieting person’s enemy, and although I’m not dieting, these sweets are definitely not going to help me lose the bulges around my waist...in fact, they’ll probably add more! Plus, these chocolates (since they’re not common here) are not cheap. Augh!

What to do? What to do? Any suggestions on how to control my eyes’ chocolate addiction?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts