09 March 2011

our observance of lent

As much as hubby and I had wanted to attend mass yesterday, we decided not to. You see, being the only Catholic Church in the town of Dubai (the other one is in Jebel Ali which is waaay across town), we knew it would be jampacked with so many people (of all nationalities). It wouldn’t be good (nor healthy) because hubby had cough and colds, and Caila had just finished her bout with the virus.
Anyway, just because we weren’t ashed, doesn’t mean we won’t be observing the Season. So, here’s what we’ll be doing for Lent:
• no meat on Wednesdays and Fridays (only seafood or veggies)
• attend mass every Sunday (or Friday, or Saturday) – to be continued throughout the year
• go to confession at least once in these 40 days
In addition to the above, I’m going to try do the following:
• no rice for dinner (except for special occasions)
• drink at least 1 litre of water daily
• minimize my intake of chocolates and sweets to 1 snack-size bar a day
Seems easy huh? Well, I sure hope so. If I’ll be able to do all of the above and get good results, I’ll definitely continue the rest of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts