23 January 2014

trying out the tweet life

Yup, I’ve finally joined the Twitter bandwagon…on my own. That means it’s not Hubby’s account, and it’s not shared (like what I’m doing in Facebook). Woohoo! Independence! Hahaha.

What made me decide to sign up? Actually, it started last Wednesday. I suddenly thought what I would tweet about if I was on Twitter. And then every day after that, my brain would automatically come up with sentences that I imagined I would tweet if I had an account. On the third day, I noticed it was becoming more frequent so I started typing them out to see if they made any sense (or rather, if they actually looked like tweets). Here they are:

17 January @ 1255hrs – At Mamzar Park with the other UAE KFC Coordinators for our Teambuilding Activity. Games have been exhausting but fun.
17 January @ 1800hrs – Just got home. Now rushing off to attend a birthday party, then having a prayer vigil later with ET. Kami na ang may toxic na schedule!
18 January @ 0930hrs – Please let the news be a bad joke. This cannot be real!
18 January @ 1200hrs – The BSB are coming to Dubai! I so wanna watch!
18 January @ 1405hrs – Had lunch with my sister and nephew. It was nice to bond and catch up as we shared a yummy meal.
18 January @ 1900hrs – Still in shock over the sad news. Currently with ET barkada…mourning and laughing while reminiscing.
19 January @ 1335hrs – The BSB have cancelled their Dubai gig. Waaaahhh!!!
19 January @ 1845hrs – Back at Mellow Yellow with Hubby and Mamu Chris. Disappointed that the cronuts don’t taste as good as I remembered.
20 January @ 0740hrs – Brrr! Is it cold or IS IT COLD?!
21 January @ 1730hrs – Thinking of baking banana muffins tonight.
21 January @ 2000hrs – I never thought I’d say this, but I suddenly realized that baking is therapeutic for me.
22 January @ 1000hrs- Goodbye to our dear friend and brother in Christ. You will be missed. Rest peacefully in paradise.
22 January @ 1500hrs – “If ever there is tomorrow when we're not together... there is something you must always remember. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we're apart... I'll always be with you.”- Winnie the Pooh

I know most of them have more than the 140 characters limit, pero may sense naman kahit papaano di ba? I’m still confused on when and how to use hashtags though, so it’ll take some time before I’ll tweet anything with them. Actually, it’s as if Twitter is a foreign language with all sorts of usage rules I can’t understand. That’s one of the major reasons why it took me so long to sign up.

Another reason was what I would use for my username. I was actually considering blabbersnthoughts, but I figured it was too long. Plus, I wanted something that described me or had my name in it. I finally decided on gutzytower which is a shortcut of my last name and the English translation of my maiden surname.

So yeah, I finally joined Twitter. I hope you’ll follow me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts