05 June 2013

i need to take action now!

I seriously have to start losing weight! I know I’ve been growing bigger in all areas of my body lately, but I didn’t realize how huge I’ve become. Before, I could easily fit in XS dresses and blouses; now I have to look at the M and sometimes L sizes to find clothes that I can comfortably fit into. Sure, it took years for all the changes to happen, but still, I can’t believe how much I’ve neglected my body! See the photo below?
This was taken yesterday afternoon during our monthly birthday celebration tradition at our office (that's my excuse for holding a plate of ice-cream cake).  Wrong choice of clothes, I know.  And my slight slouch made it look even worse. 

And if that’s not bad enough, when I went for the free health assessment last week, I found out that I have high levels of cholesterol! AAAUUUGGGHHH!!! I’ve taken my health for granted too much to the point that I’ve abused it, stuffing myself with all sorts of food without even thinking of the impact they would have on me later. Feeling ko ata, bata pa ako at matagal ko pa poproblemahin ang mga sakit ng matatanda. Ayayayayay! And since we have high blood and diabetes in the family, I have to really be more cautious about what I put in my mouth. Thank goodness I don’t smoke or drink alcohol, otherwise those would be more burdens for me to get rid of.

I have to start exercising. I have to eat more healthy foods. I have to stop sitting around all the time and start moving around more. The short walks I take from my apartment building to the bus stop, then the bus stop to the metro station, then the metro station to the office in the mornings (and back in the evenings if Hubby doesn’t fetch me) are simply not enough. I need to lift my butt off the couch and start taking advantage of the pathway at the neighborhood park during my free evenings. And if I can block out all the excuses I can think of, I need to ask Hubby to take out the elliptical trainer that’s gathering dust in the corner of the apartment and start using it.

I need to take action now!

Ok, first to do is search the net for tips, exercises, healthy food, and any other information I can find.

Focus! Focus! Focus! I can do this. I HAVE to do this.

Please, God, help me do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts