17 June 2013

ang hirap magsimula


It’s been more than a week since I said that I had to start losing weight, and although I knew that it meant that I should reduce my food intake, or lessen the amount of fatty foods I put in my mouth, (plus exercise, of course) I didn’t think it would be so hard. If I were a regular working mom who simply spent her time between the office and home, it would be easy for me to eat before six and escape to the nearby park for a brisk walk, jog, or run each day. And for the first few days when I did, I really believed that I could.

Unfortunately, my belief was shortlived. I’m not a regular working mom with a regular schedule (at work during the day, at home during the night). I’m also part of a religious community that has frequent activities, and every week there’s at least 2 households or meetings that we have to attend to. Hubby and I are busy on weeknights and weekends.  These don’t yet include the parties and celebration lunches or dinners that we get invited to. And naturally being Filipino, these get-togethers aren’t complete without food...lots of them, and they’re always all delicious! Being leaders, we can’t not attend these gatherings because we have to be there. It’s also part of our commitment to serve. So you can see how difficult it is for me to get in shape...in a good and bad way =)

I know, I know...these are just excuses for me to not start. And I know I’ll regret it later. BUT IT’S SO HARD TO RESIST EATING ALL THOSE YUMMY FOOD! Ang sarap kumain eh. Tapos, madalas mga 7:30pm or 8pm na nagsisimula kumain. AAAUUUGGGHHH!

Tell me, how in the world can I fight the temptation? How can I fit the time to exercise in my busy schedule?

How how, carabao?!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts