26 January 2011

another lunch at al dawaar

Ohhh...I'm soooo full!

I just returned to the office a few minutes ago from a lunch meeting at Al Dawaar in Hyatt Regency.
Actually, I thought it was just going to be an ordinary meeting that would last 1 hour max. The meeting was scheduled for 2:30pm, so naturally I had my lunch during the break from 1 to 2pm, and left the office at 2:10pm. However, as soon as my boss and I arrived at the hotel lobby, our account manager informed us that she had made a reservation at the revolving restaurant. Of course, I was happy (free food!), but then I had just had a filling lunch and I didn't have any room left in my tummy for more.

Anyway, we followed our host who led us to the 25th floor of Hyatt Regency and we settled ourselves in the table reserved for us. Well, even though I was already stuffed, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to enjoy the delicious food at the buffet, could I? So, when she gave me a plate, I took some California Maki (my favorite!), a slice of roast beef, a lamb chop (another fave!), and a few pieces of tempura and sashimi. In between mouthfuls, we would talk about anything in general (Dubai, the hotel, how we each celebrated the New Year, etc). After we each finished off our plates, we stood up to get dessert. There were so many to choose from, I swear, if I wasn't so full already, I would have taken one of each. Instead I took a slice of chocolate cake (which was sooo rich), a slice of strawberry pie, and a scoop of creme brulee. They were sooooo delicious! If it wouldn't have been embarrassing, I would have taken a photo of all the food set out, or at least, whatever was on my plate. I was really stuffed in the end, so when we were asked if we wanted coffee or tea or whatever, I immediately requested for green tea.

Ok, about the restaurant. Well, as you can tell, the food was delicious. They had a wide variety of international cuisines. The view was nice, and since it was revolving, we could see Dubai from all sides...one minute we were facing Burj Khalifa; after some time, we were facing Sharjah area. We saw the ship Queen Elizabeth 2 and the other ships that were docked. We also saw the area that was supposed to be the Palm Deira, and it was just blah! The project had stopped more than a year ago I think, so there were no machines, no activity, nothing! Just empty land. One tip though, don't try to focus or observe that the restaurant is turning, otherwise you'll get dizzy. It's better to just look out the glass and enjoy the view.

Well, the lunch lasted about 1 1/2 hours, and then we went to The Galleria for the actual meeting. That one lasted 30 minutes.

By the time we returned to our office, I wanted to just lie down. I was that stuffed! Unfortunately, as soon as I checked my inbox, there were so many messages from Japan and I had to respond to them right away.

Anyway, I can't complain. I had gone for more than 2 hours, enjoying a delicious lunch at the only revolving restaurant in Dubai. It was my 2nd free lunch there, in addition to the 3 free Iftar dinners hubby and I have had in the past.

Thank you, Lord, for these simple blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts