02 November 2014

Baby Steps to Changes

image source
If you remember, I mentioned in an earlier post some of my dreams for this blog. Well, I decided to do something about it.  Nothing drastic yet, though.

Baby steps first to prepare myself and this blog to make our mark on the blogosphere.

Here's what I plan on doing:

● Change my Twitter username.
@gutzytower is ok, but I want it to also be the same (or similar) to my blog's name for easy association.
I'll probably change it over the next couple of days once I've chosen a new blog name and username.  Thank goodness existing followers won't be lost when I do this.

● Change my blog title.
Instead of creating a totally new blog, I decided to continue with this one so that anyone can easily read my old posts whenever they want. As I said previously, I want to change it to a catchy name, one that can easily be understood and remembered.

● Change my domain.
It will take a while for me to study the steps and options on getting my own .com domain, as well as migrating to Wordpress (if I decide to do it).  Most probably, I'll hire a professional because it looks really complicated.
In the meantime, I'll first change my existing one to the new name I'll be giving this blog (under .blogspot.com, of course).

● Create a new e-mail address to fit my (new) blog title.

I'll be tweeting all the changes this blog goes through so that you'll be in the loop and won't end up looking at a screen saying that the site you entered doesn't exist anymore.  So if you haven't yet, follow me on Twitter at @gutzytower and be updated.

What do you think?  Is there anything else I need to do? Or if you know professionals that can do the migrating and/or explain in layman's terms, I'd really appreciate it if you could send me their details.  Please feel free to share similar blog-changing experiences you've had.  I need all the advice I can get.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts