13 November 2014

Radisson Blu's New Zabeel Ballroom

The newly renovated Zabeel Ballroom of Radisson Blu Hotel, Dubai Deira Creek opened its doors last Wednesday and Hubby and I were fortunate to have been invited to the Gala Dinner celebration.

We were met warmly as soon as we entered the hotel lobby, and upon being recognized by one of their managers, we were led to Zabeel Ballroom where we were given colorful and tasty welcome drinks.
The ballroom was very elegant, and the Arabic theme could be seen on the pillars and walls all over the venue.
image taken from the hotel's Twitter account
image taken from the hotel's Twitter account
The cool ice carvings that distinctly represented something special for the occasion were the ones that really caught my eye. The coffee pot was obviously Arabic, to match the theme.
The falcon of course is the UAE’s national bird.
As for the horse that lit up in different colors every few seconds, I thought it was because the locals enjoy horse racing.
it looks small here because I put images of different colors together, but I assure you it was a big sculpture
But after some research, I found that there was a thoroughbred racehorse named Zabeel. You learn something new every day, huh?! =)

The hotel’s General Manager, Mr. Tim Cordon, welcomed everyone and showed us images of their plans, which were all very impressive.
As the night went on, we helped ourselves to a buffet of Japanese rolls, peking duck rolls, dimsum, roast beef, and assorted desserts.




Throughout the dinner, we enjoyed live entertainment in the background as a band performed songs from the past few decades.
And upon leaving, all the guests were each given a bag containing these sweet treats from the hotel
chocolates and a vanilla scented candle
Thank you for the invitation, Radisson Blu.  And congratulations once again!

Please excuse the quality of the pictures.  I didn't bring a camera with me so I just made do with the one in my phone =)

2 comments:

  1. Those are really cool ice carvings. I am amazed how they stay hard like that :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're amazing, aren't they? I especially liked the horse that kept changing colors =)

      Delete

Popular Posts