18 September 2014

Breast Self Examination Demonstration

Women have been reminded time and time again the importance of having breast self-exams at least once a month. The 15 minutes one spends regularly to check her breasts can really save her life.

Unfortunately, not everyone knows how to do a self-exam properly…me included. All I knew was to feel around and look if there were any changes or lumps. It would take me just a couple of minutes.

I think the reason why I didn’t know how was because the only information I got was through words and pictures. I needed something with an actual person actually demonstrating how to do it.

Thanks to YouTube, I came across this video and can now make sure I’m doing the self-exam properly. I strongly encourage all women to watch it as well. I personally think it’s the most helpful and informative breast self-exam I’ve seen so far.
    
Next month is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Let’s be more aware of the disease and do our best to ensure that we’re all free from this type of cancer by setting aside 15 minutes of our time each month to examine ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts