09 December 2010

disney magic

My thoughts were wandering a while ago to the time I went to Disneyland in Paris in 2005.

Actually, I never thought that I would be able to go there. It just so happened that our group who were in Germany that time for the 20th World Youth Day were allowed a Free Day, where we could go anywhere we wanted in Europe, as long as we would meet up with the others the next day at Marienfeld.

Instead of choosing Amsterdam and cities in Germany like the others, my friends and I decided to go to Paris and visit as many tourist spots as we could. We visited the Notre Dame Cathedral, Eiffel Tower (of course!), Arc de Triomphe, and Champs-Elysées. Finally, we went on the train to Disneyland. As soon as we arrived, we found out that the parade would be starting in a few minutes so we all split up to get the best places we could find. I saw Cinderella, Chip & Dale, Goofy, and so many other Disney characters pass by in front of me. I was enjoying every minute, giggling like a little girl whenever one of them would look my way.

And then, I saw Mickey Mouse on his steamboat approaching. I was smiling and waving at him like everyone else, when Mickey Mouse looked at me (at least, I think he did) and I suddenly remembered a promise my Papa made to me when I was still a child. He had told me that one day he would take me to visit Disneyland (but he died without being able to do so). The next thing I knew, I was crying my eyes out, tears streaming down my cheeks. I must have looked like a complete idiot that time, but I couldn’t help it. I felt Papa’s presence there with me, letting me know that even in death, he still found a way to take me to this magical place.

So, that’s what happened. World Youth Day was probably my main reason for going on that trip, but I guess Papa saw this as an opportunity for him to fulfill the promise he made to his daughter even though he was no longer alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts