01 December 2010

on the first day of the last month of the year

Wow! We've already entered the last month of 2010. Where did the time go?! It seems like only yesterday when I was with Caila and my family, watching fireworks go off in the Philippines; and now in 4 more weeks, we’re going to usher in a new year with our new home here in the UAE (more details about this in a separate post).
Personally, I’m glad 2010 is about to end. There were a lot of challenges that me, my family and friends had to face...individually, but we were affected just the same. Two people I know passed away suddenly, three of our friends had to go back to the Philippines because life in Dubai wasn’t working out for them, we had to live without our daughter for almost 5 months, our close friend lost her baby due to an ectopic pregnancy, and not forgetting to mention financial constraints due to the crisis.
Of course, this doesn’t mean that the year was all that bad. Our baby’s first birthday was a success, our close friend (who had an ectopic pregnancy) became pregnant again, I faced my fear and got a driving licence, Caila is with us and she gets along well with her nanny, hubby has a new job with a higher salary and family benefits, I was able to travel to the Philippines three times in less than a year, and just the fact that me and my loved ones are all healthy and still alive is enough reason for me to be thankful.
Although 2011 is just around the corner, I’m sure that many things will happen before 2010 ends. Some of them, we’re just waiting to happen; some of them will happen unexpectedly and everything could change.
Anyway, there’s only 30 more days left in the year...better to live each day at a time, than worry about what the future may (or may not) bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts