06 January 2016

Glimpses of My December

The last month of the year is always the fastest, in my opinion, and December 2015 was no exception. There were so many things to do, and so many parties to attend and prepare for, that the month just whizzed by. And before I knew it, we were welcoming the new year with anticipation of more exciting times ahead. The week of December 5th to the 12th was the busiest because every day, I had somewhere to go.

Anyway, I’ll photoblog a bit ok, so you won’t get bored with details ☺

The first day of my “walang pahinga” week started with me baking a carrot cake for Hubby. It was his request for his birthday the next day, so that took up my afternoon. In the evening, I met up with my former SFC sisters for dinner and coffee because Shiela was going to the Philippines for her wedding and we all weren’t able to attend her bridal shower a few days before.
When I got home (which was almost midnight), I had to make the cream cheese frosting for the cake and, well, frost it. The next day, Hubby brought the cake to work and shared it with his colleagues.
looks ordinary, but it never fails to receive positive comments
After work, our family celebrated Hubby’s birthday with dinner at Hard Rock CafĂ© where the staff sang Happy Birthday and gently pushed a plate of whipped cream to his face as Hubby blew out the candle.

Lhen and I were the only ladies in our group of ET friends who hadn’t watched A Second Chance yet, so we watched the movie on the 7th.
The following night, my colleagues and I attended an event at Radisson Blu, Dubai Media City. We all enjoyed their food and beverages; but the best thing that evening was when I won a voucher for an overnight stay at Radisson Blu Hotel Dubai Downtown just by answering one of the questions correctly! Woohoo!
Pinoy Mafia invades Radisson
hurray!
The 9th of December was the Christmas Tree Lighting at Al Ghurair Rayhaan. I made sure to bring my 2 girls in tow because I knew they would want to meet Santa...except after waiting for so long, the youngest wasn't in the mood to smile for the camera anymore.

Thursday was our KFC Coordinators and PSTs Christmas Party, where we had an Awards Night theme. All of the couples received an award each, with me and Hubby being the winners of this:
Thank you to everyone who voted for us! ☺
Despite the party ending pretty late, several of us weren’t tired yet, so we headed to All the Perks at Al Ghurair to enjoy cups of coffee and chocolate.
Friday was our CFC Cluster’s Christmas Party where everyone was dressed in festive colors to match the holiday season.

Our 3rd party that week (and the 3rd in a row!) was on Saturday morning, which was our KFC Christmas Party, held at the Creek Park. There were fun and games which the kids and parents took part in; and of course, Santa Claus made an appearance to distribute presents to all the little boys and girls.

Whew!

Thank goodness, the following days and weeks weren’t as packed. But we were still busy.

December 15, I baked ube and red velvet crinkles, ordered by a preggy classmate from high school who was craving for them.
December 18 was our CFC Chapter HH’s Christmas party at Al Khail.
In the evening was our company’s year-end party which was held at Sheraton Dubai Creek Hotel & Towers.
with some colleagues and their family
The next day, Hubby and I sneaked some date-time and watched Star Wars: The Force Awakens. And just for kicks, he wore the 3D glasses while driving.

my startrooper driver
#WalangBasaganNgTrip
In between, our family went to St. Mary’s Church for the Simbang Gabi in the evenings.
taken on the last night
Christmas Eve was spent at home where we had friends over for an evening of delicious food, exchanging of gifts, and games.
Pinoy Henyo, Junior edition
On Christmas, we went out, topping off the day watching Wafi Mall’s Lights and Sounds Show, which, if my memory serves me correctly, is the same as the one we watched 4 years ago.
The next day, we went to the mall and had lunch at Texas Roadhouse where we asked the servers to sing Happy Birthday to Yaya Jovy (she was a Christmas Day baby!).
On the 27th, Hubby and I took the day off from work and our family celebrated our day at Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse. I’ll try to blog about that later (fingers crossed!).
The next night, we had a fellowship dinner at Intramuros with our Chapter HH and household leaders.
On December 30, we attended a birthday party at Chuck E. Cheese’s where the child in me became starstruck when I saw the mascots.
always a mascot lover
And finally, New Year’s Eve was spent with our friends in the safety and comfort of their home nearby.
Hindi busy ang December ko, ‘no?! Hahaha! While it was a bit tiring, I can’t complain. Nahirapan lang ako sa paghahanap at pagpili ng susuotin na pula at berdeng pantaas tuwing may party ☺ Anyway, December is all about celebrating and get-togethers with friends and family, and that’s what we did.

A great end to top off a great year.

How was your December? Do share. I'd love to hear about it ☺

Oh, and before I forget....HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! ☺

*Some photos courtesy of Tito Marlon, Tito Reggie, Tito John, and Tito Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts