12 October 2014

Free Time and Blogging

It's been a while, I know.  There are so many things I want to blog about but I still haven't organized my thoughts and photos.

Obviously, so many things have been happening, one of which is that Yaya Jovy had to take her leave 1 month earlier because her father passed away unexpectedly.  Devastating news of course. And since she hadn't gone home even once since the first time she came to Dubai 6 years ago, you can only imagine how much she regret not spending time with her family.

Fortunately, my bosses understood the situation and allowed me to take my leave early.  So here I am now, a fulltime housewife and stay-at-home mom for the next 3+ weeks.

Of course I don't have as much free time as I want (taking care of two little kids isn't easy), but at least I can plan and gather my thoughts now that I'm not pressured with work...although I am still getting calls from the office every couple of hours by the lady who's taking care of my tasks during my leave.

Anyway, one of the things that I'm contemplating on is being more serious with blogging, because, let's be honest, it can bring some bucks or freebies or event invitations.  Although that wasn't my aim when I started,I must admit that it did catch my interest when I found out that the really good bloggers earn so much that they don't need a regular 9 to 5 job.

To start with, I'm thinking of migrating to Wordpress, since I heard it's better (in what way, I have no idea) than Blogger/Blogspot. Naturally, it comes with a price tag so I need to know if it really is worth it.  

Another point I'm considering is my domain, to make it a .com one or not, and subsequently my blog name. Blabbers & Thoughts is ok, but I want one that is unique and catchy, but will still be about me.  After all, I will still be blogging about personal stuff.

Of course there's the option of just creating a new blog, but then when I look back at all the posts I've done here, parang nakakapanghinayang.

Plus, if I really do want to become a serious blogger, I need to invest in a DSLR camera to take quality pictures. I cannot use my phablet all the time. And we all know the really good cameras aren't cheap.

So, there. I'm really confused on what to do and how to do them and how much all these will cost and if I can afford everything.  And if I do push through with them, I need to make sure I set aside time to blog regularly.

Decisions, decisions.

To the bloggers out there, could you please enlighten me? I'd really appreciate your advice, suggestions and recommendations.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts