29 July 2013

my favourite boys are back!

I fell in love with the Backstreet Boys during my first year in college. In the beginning, Nick was my ultimate, absolute favourite of them all. After some time, Howie became my fave...simply because he had really nice abs. I bought all their cassette tapes (I couldn’t afford the CDs then) and made sure to keep my eyes glued on the television when MTV would play their videos. Then they lay low and embarked on solo careers or settled down and had families. They came to Dubai for a concert in December of 2009 but because I had a 10 month old baby to take care of, I didn’t get to see them. Naturally, I was crushed.

And now they’re back in the music scene...all grown up, but still looking as handsome as ever. I still like Nick and Howie, but I’m not as crazy about them as I was years ago. Their latest song may not be like their old ones that you could instantly tell would be hits, but it’s still a good song to listen to. And I have...over and over and over because I’ve downloaded it and saved it in my mobile phone and tablet.

I may not get the video, but I do get their music. And in the end, that’s all that really matters to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts