08 July 2013

apple cinnamon muffins

I know I’ve just recently started learning how to bake from scratch, but out of the few cupcakes and muffins I’ve tried so far, I can say that my apple muffins are the best. The first batch I made was for Mama's birthday last April. 
Mama's birthday muffins
Since then, it's the only kind I bake for any special occasions in the family or when we're expecting guests.  If you can remember, I also cooked these for Leih’s baby shower more than two weeks ago. And usually on the day that the last muffin has been eaten up, my nephew always asks “Auntie Pamela, kelan ka uli gagawa ng apple muffins?” Now if that doesn’t mean they’re delicious, I don’t know what is. And honestly, they really are.

I can’t take the credit for coming up with the recipe, though. Like all the others, I found it on the internet, but unfortunately, I can’t remember which site I got it from. So if you come across a similar recipe as the one I’m using, most probably, that’s where I got them from. 

Ingredients:
1 ¾ cups of white sugar
2 eggs
1 cup of oil
1 tablespoon of vanilla
2 cups of all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of baking soda
1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
2 apples (peeled, cored and diced)
Brown sugar

Procedure:
1) Cream together the first four ingredients in a bowl.
2) In a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, salt and ground cinnamon. You can either sift them or not.
3) Add the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture and mix. The batter will be very thick.
4) Usually at this point, I turn on the oven and preheat it to 180 degrees celsius.
5) Add the diced apples and mix again. The batter will become smoother and easier to mix after the apples have been added.
6) Line a cupcake pan with paper liners and fill the liners with the batter
7) Sprinkle with brown sugar
8) Bake for 20 minutes, cool, and enjoy the muffins!

The brown sugar on top gives a slight crunch, but then you’ll be surprised at how soft and moist the inside is once you bite into it. I seriously recommend you to try this recipe because it’s really delicious. Not only that, it’s so easy to follow and the ingredients can easily be found in any supermarket or grocery.

Luto na! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts