|Mama's birthday muffins|
I can’t take the credit for coming up with the recipe, though. Like all the others, I found it on the internet, but unfortunately, I can’t remember which site I got it from. So if you come across a similar recipe as the one I’m using, most probably, that’s where I got them from.
1 ¾ cups of white sugar
1 cup of oil
1 tablespoon of vanilla
2 cups of all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of baking soda
1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
2 apples (peeled, cored and diced)
1) Cream together the first four ingredients in a bowl.
2) In a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, salt and ground cinnamon. You can either sift them or not.
3) Add the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture and mix. The batter will be very thick.
4) Usually at this point, I turn on the oven and preheat it to 180 degrees celsius.
5) Add the diced apples and mix again. The batter will become smoother and easier to mix after the apples have been added.
6) Line a cupcake pan with paper liners and fill the liners with the batter
7) Sprinkle with brown sugar
8) Bake for 20 minutes, cool, and enjoy the muffins!
The brown sugar on top gives a slight crunch, but then you’ll be surprised at how soft and moist the inside is once you bite into it. I seriously recommend you to try this recipe because it’s really delicious. Not only that, it’s so easy to follow and the ingredients can easily be found in any supermarket or grocery.
Luto na! =)