25 March 2013

traditional birthday celebration at work

Last year, our office started this tradition of gathering together in our conference room once a month (preferably on the first working Saturday of the month) to celebrate the birthdays of that month. (Sorry! Too many "months" in that sentence.) Everyone is happy because we all get to enjoy drinks and slices of cakes, and the celebrants are given special attention.  Since I’m the HR and Administration Coordinator, naturally, I’m the one who has to make the arrangements to carry this out. There’s not that much to do actually; just prepare and send the announcement by e-mail and take care of the drinks and cake (which can either be ice-cream or normal). This month was no exception even though I was one of the celebrants. I didn’t mind though; at least whatever I bought was according to my taste...which is why I included cupcakes so that all of the celebrants (there were 6 of us) had a cake each.

Baskin Robbins ice-cream cake
the other Baskin Robbins ice-cream cake
It may be a small thing, but as one of the employees, I really appreciate these simple things that the company does to recognize the staff and to make us feel special.

2 comments:

Popular Posts