15 January 2013

ninth l.i.d. anniversary

It was my 9th Living-in-Dubai Anniversary last Saturday.

That’s nine years in this big sandpit, where I get to experience the extremes during the seasons: scorching hot in the summer and freezing cold during the snowless winter.
Nine years of watching amazing buildings and infrastructures rise up practically overnight.
Nine years of working with and meeting all sorts of people from different parts of the globe.
Nine years of living in a country that’s not my own, but it’s a place that I’ve considered home.

Just one more year to go, and it’ll be a decade.

As they, time flies fast when you’re having fun.

And yes, despite the difficulties and struggles of working and living in a land that I will never be a citizen of, I am having fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts