16 January 2013

guardian angels

I’m sure most of us, when we were babies, fell or hurt ourselves at one time or the other. For me, I didn’t fall from the bed. I fell from a whole flight of stairs (approximately 12 steps, I think)...from the wooden verandah of our house to the ground...while I was in my walker. Mama told me that when I landed, they saw lots of blood coming out from my chin, so of course, they rushed me to the hospital where I had to have a few stitches. She remembers that I cried, but only a bit...and after a while, I was smiling and laughing as if nothing happened, or as if I had enjoyed the tumble. Crazy, I know.
with my siblings and a family friend taken late 1979 or early 1980
yes, I'm the one in THE walker
But I honestly think it was my guardian angel who protected me that time. Because if you think about it, considering the height of my fall, and I was in something that had wheels, it’s really a miracle that I only had a minor wound. They say that we all have angels who protect us from accidents that come our way, and that’s what I’d like to believe.

Hubby and I also want our daughters to believe in angels, which is why, every day, we recite this prayer together.
Angel of God, my guardian dear
To whom God’s love entrusts me here
Ever this day be at my side
To light and guard, to rule and guide.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts