11 October 2010

good news, good news, bad news

Good news: Yesterday, I went to the typing center at the bottom of the our apartment building to tell him that our visa application was rejected. Fortunately, he said it can be refunded (although not 100%). Once we received the refund application papers from him, we went to Immigration to submit the documents. Fortunately, I didn’t have to wait very long, and after some time, the man at the counter told me that the refund of Dhs640 would be transferred to my bank account after a month. Hurray!

Good news #2: I received a call from the travel agency last night saying that Yaya’s visa was ready. I was expecting to receive it this coming Tuesday, but fortunately I didn’t have to wait that long. Of course, Guchi and I immediately went to collect the visa. Hurray again!

Bad news: I woke up early to go to the Philippine Consulate this morning for the visa authentication. As expected, when I arrived, there were already so many people in different queues, waiting outside the gates. I arrived at 6:45am, and finished everything by 9:20am. Unfortunately, there was no “rush” option for the authentication. It takes 10 working days, so the visa will be released on the 24th of October. This means that my trip to the Philippines is definitely, absolutely, positively negatively(!), postponed. Augh!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts