30 October 2016

How to Make Deliciously Chewy and Fudgy Brownies

Wanting to satisfy my cravings one day, I searched the net for an easy recipe for chewy and fudgy brownies made from scratch. After scrolling through the endless list of recipes all claiming to be the best, I settled on one of my trusted resources: Sally’s Baking Addiction. The steps seemed fairly easy to follow, it didn’t need me to take out my big mixer, and I had all of the ingredients available in our kitchen cabinet, so I immediately set to work.

I followed almost everything, except I didn’t use a normal baking pan. I had bought a Nordic Ware Bundt Tea Cakes and Candies Pan from Tavola weeks ago and, seeing the perfect opportunity, put it to use.  Of course I adjusted the baking time, so they were in the oven for a shorter period.

And here's the result:
pretty bite-sized brownies
The shapes of the brownies were perfectly formed, following the molds of the Nordic Ware pan.  Only 7 are shown above, but there were 10 different shapes in all: Elegant Heart, Chrysanthemum, Sunflower, Rose, Cathedral, Bavaria, Fleur de Lis, Star, Tri-star, and Original Bundt.

And the taste? Just perfect!  Chewy and fudgy with a hint of melted chocolate in every bite. When I made a batch for one of the KFC service team meetings at home a while back, our guests kept going back for more. Yaaay!

So are you craving for some brownies now?  Here's how to make them:

Ingredients
Baking spray
1/2 cup unsalted butter
3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate (I used chocolate chips)
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
3 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

Directions
• Pre-heat oven to 350ºF. Spray the baking pan with baking spray.
• Melt butter and chocolate (either using a microwave or in a saucepan on the stove). Once done, pour it into a large mixing bowl and wait for the mixture to slightly cool (about 10 minutes).
• Whisk the sugars into the choco-butter mixture.
• Add eggs one at a time, whisking until smooth after each addition.
• Whisk in the vanilla.
• Fold in the flour, cocoa powder, and salt.
• Fold in the chocolate chips.
• If you’re using a normal baking pan, just pour the mixture in and spread the batter evenly. If you’re using a pan with molds like I did, use a spoon and fill each mold 3/4 full.
• Bake for 30-35 minutes (for normal baking pans) or 12 minutes (for the Nordic Ware pan)
• Let the brownies cool completely before taking them out of the pan.
• Enjoy…just as they are or with some vanilla ice cream!

That's it!

And since the Christmas season is coming up, I'm actually thinking of giving these as gifts.  They're delicious, practically everyone likes sweets, and they'll be made with love. Win-win, right? ☺

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts