13 May 2013

kilig thursday q's

The n@wies have a weekly tradition wherein every Thursday, there’s a set of questions to be answered so that all of the members can get to know each other better. I admit, I’m not that active in replying to the weekly set of questions. However, when Clarice started the thread last Thursday, I wanted to share my answers. Nakaka-kilig kasi. And since we’ll be celebrating our 5th wedding anniversary this year, I thought it’s a great way to look back and reminisce.

1. How did you and your hubby meet?
Thanks to the Poblete sisters, they were instrumental in our relationship. KC invited me to the Christian Life Program of Singles for Christ and JB was the one who invited Guchi. We were in the same batch and our groups ended up performing together for the Lord’s Day presentation. Because of his looks (long hair, super payat, mukhang adik pero makinis ang mukha), he was cast as the lead. Despite his looks though, he was nice and friendly. Kinaibigan nya lahat ng mga girls sa group, pero not in the way na naghahanap sya ng maliligawan. He said wala naman syang type sa amin. Friend lang talaga kasi wala daw syang plans to get in a relationship anytime soon so that he can help his family back home. Ako naman, friend lang din ang tingin ko sa kanya (isa lang ang pinasa nya sa standards ko in a boyfriend: the shiny and straight hair) because I had a boyfriend in the Philippines. Whenever our group would get together, we would invite him. Lumabas tuloy na sya yung bodyguard namin since he would be the only guy. It wasn’t until a year later when we started going out...after just 1 week of courtship.

2. What is your most unforgettable boyfriend-girlfriend moment (aside from the proposal and the wedding)?
a) It was my birthday and unfortunately, he was at Kish because he had to exit and the issuance of his Employment Visa was taking longer than expected. So after I celebrated dinner with my friends, I went back to my apartment and sent him an SMS that I was home. After 30 minutes, the doorbell rang and one of our friends arrived with a bowl of Baskin Robbins Banana Split. While I enjoyed the dessert, she told me that Guchi had requested her to bring me the split, and sing to me our theme song...and she proceeded to sing “Love Moves in Mysterious Ways.” By the time she finished, I was bawling my eyes out from the sweet gesture and from missing him.

b) The day our delegation arrived from attending the World Youth Day in Germany (back in 2005), he was waiting for me at my apartment with “Welcome Back, Babieko” and “I Missed You” signs. It was a weekday so I was really surprised to find him there. He took the whole day off from work even though it meant losing an entire day’s salary just to be with me.

c) He doesn’t sing, but he had to when we attended a Singles Engagement Retreat. His effort and the embarrassed look on his face was so cute.

d) When we attended a special retreat at Don Bosco Batulao as a preparation for marriage.  The priest who was going to officiate our wedding was the one who gave the retreat and we were the only participants.  The solemnity of the place and the entire retreat made us even sure that we wanted to get married with each other.

3. What is your best married life moment (aside from knowing you're pregnant and birthgiving)?
a) Every morning when he wakes up before me and kisses me and whispers “I love you” before getting up to get ready for work.

b) Continuing to celebrate our special day every month.

4. If this day is your last day here on earth, what would you tell your husband?
Out of all the qualities I was looking for in a boyfriend, you only had one. However, you had all the qualities I wanted in a husband (including being more domesticated than me) and for this, I am forever thankful to God for bringing you into my life. Thank you for putting up with all my quirks and moods. Thank you for accepting my past. Thank you for allowing me to be your present and future. Thank you for being such a responsible father to our children. I don’t have to ask you to take care of them because I know you will. And most of all, thank you for loving me and for being my best friend. I love you, Mahal. I always will.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts