12 June 2012

fifty shades...in my hands, but out of my reach

Okay, okay, I admit I’m one of those who got curious when the hype of the Fifty Shades novels by E.L. James came out. Several blogs I read discussed the trilogy, and it’s been a hot topic in n@w lately. So being a bookworm who’s been looking for a good read for a long time, I searched around the bookstores here. Naturally, with the kind of story it has, it was like looking for a needle in a haystack. Who was I kidding that it would be sold here?! Fortunately, a n@wie announced that she had the pdf of all three books, so I requested her for a copy which she e-mailed to me within a few hours. Thanks, Sis Maricar! =)

Right away, I asked someone I know to print everything for me and spiral-bind each book. I don’t like reading from the computer…it’s just not enjoyable. And now all 3 novels are already in my hands! Yippee!

The only problem I have now is finding the free time to actually sit down and read them. Reading on the metro makes me dizzy so that’s out of the question; and when I’m at home, my attention is usually on my daughter. She does allow me to have some time to myself for a few minutes, but it wouldn’t be enough for me to really concentrate on reading. Oh well.

I just hope I get to finish reading all three books before it comes out on the big screen. And if Ian Somerhalder is the one who’ll portray Christian Grey, I WILL watch the movie!  Of course, that would mean I'd have to look for someone who can download a copy for me...but that's another story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts