18 January 2012

satisfying my burger craving at fuddruckers

Last Saturday, I suddenly craved for a burger. I didn’t want the usual burgers from McDonald’s or Burger King, but the big juicy grilled ones with all the yummy toppings. So after thinking of the possible options, we went to Fuddruckers in Dubai Festival City. The last time I went there was more than 2 years ago (Caila was just 8 months old then), but everything was just the same the way I remembered it. We even sat in the same booth/table near the toppings bar.

As soon we received the menu, I immediately flipped over to the Burgers and Sandwiches page, and looked over the options until I found what I wanted. Hubby gave the server our orders, and while we waited, the little one kept herself busy by using crayons to color a picture which were given by the server.

Anyway, here’s what we had that night:
Mac and Cheese for Caila plus a cup of orange juice

Ribeye steak for Hubby, with mashed potatoes and corn

my order of The Works

I forgot to take pictures of hubby's and my drinks, but since they were just iced tea and orange juice, it doesn't matter. Caila’s pasta was how ordinary macaroni and cheese taste like, and she would switch between using her fingers and the spoon to feed herself. We tried telling her to just use the spoon, but since she tended to eat more using her hands, we just let her be. Hubby’s steak was ok; nothing extraordinary, but not bad either. He said the steak at Chili’s was better. As for my food, it was absolutely delicious! The burger was big and juicy, with a 1/3 lb beef patty, bacon strips, mushrooms, and cheese. That wasn’t enough for me though because I just had to go to their toppings bar and add some pieces of fresh lettuce, onions, tomatoes, and coleslaw. So you can probably imagine how huge it became!

And because I wanted to enjoy the burger experience, I held the entire thing in my hand, opened my mouth as wide as I could, and bit into it. Who cares if it didn’t look ladylike?! I was in my own burger heaven =) From the beginning, I was wondering if I could actually finish the entire thing, considering it was as huge as it was. But by the end, I had managed to wolf everything down, including the Fudd’s fries.

Needless to say, my stomach was so full by the time I swallowed my last bite that I could hardly move and barely breathe. Strange as it may seem though, my mouth seemed hungry for more. You know the feeling like there’s no more room in your stomach but the mouth still wants to eat? I’d have loved to order one of their desserts but I decided against it. I didn’t want to be too much of a glutton...as tempting as it was.

happy and satisfied customers...as least I was =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts