13 April 2015

Congratulations to Me!

I forgot to share the good news with you guys…I was promoted! From Coordinator, my position title is now Executive. And from Category E, I am now Category D. Yaaaaay! Praise God!

Finally…after almost 9 years with the company.

From the time I joined, there hasn’t been a female employee who was promoted or hired at a category other than E so I’m pretty proud of this accomplishment. I didn’t get additional benefits though (you get those if you’re a Manager, which is Category C), but at least my efforts have been recognized. 

My job function is pretty much the same, although of course I’m expected to take on more responsibilities, make decisions, be liable for those decisions, have more initiative, etc. Actually, my tasks have been changing since around my third year here, but as most companies go, when you show that you’re capable, responsibilities continue to pile up on your plate but the title remains constant.

Anyway, so yeah, for the first time in 16 years, I levelled up in the corporate world without having to move to another company. Woohoo!
source

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts