14 August 2014

My NOL Card Has Expired…or Not

I’m confused. Here’s why.

Since I only had Dhs4.10 credit left on my NOL card, I decided to top it up at the station before going on the metro. However, when I placed it on the reader, the screen didn’t show the usual recharge screen. A metro employee who happened to pass by told me that my card must be expired, thus the reason for the different screen. He pressed some tabs on the machine which printed out a receipt, and told me to go to one of the tellers.

I was already in a hurry so I didn’t bother to do what he said and just stuffed the receipt in my wallet without looking at it. I tapped my card on the reader at the entry gate and proceeded as normal, planning to approach one of the tellers some other time.

During lunch, I checked the receipt…which is the reason why I’m confused. Here’s a picture of it.
As you can see, the Card Status says Expired. However, just below that, the Expiry Date mentions 05/10/2014. (Just in case you’re wondering, that’s 5 October 2014. In this part of the world, that’s how dates are formatted.)

Obviously it’s still August, so how can it be expired when the expiry date is still less than 2 months away?!

Please explain, RTA.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts