10 August 2014

Corn Muffins Just Like Kenny’s

During one of our lunch breaks at work early last week, one of my colleagues mentioned that Kenny Rogers Roasters will be returning to Dubai, saying that the branch will be in Karama near the Fish Market there. The conversation then progressed to our favourite items on their menu, prompting me to mention mine which all of them agreed was theirs as well: their corn muffins.

And since I haven’t baked muffins in a while and a KFC activity was coming up, I decided then and there to find the recipe (or at least, a similar one) and bake those goodies for Saturday.

Fortunately, when I checked the internet, there were so many sites that came up, and all of them (well, the ones that I checked) cited Todd Wilbur’s Top Secret Recipes as the source.

So after making sure I had all the ingredients, I started to make the muffins. They were pretty easy to make and didn’t take too long at all. I was making mini-muffins, so I made sure to half the baking time.

They were actually pretty good, if I do say so myself. It’s been ages since I’ve tasted a corn muffin from Kenny Rogers Roasters so I can’t tell if it tastes exactly the same, but, yeah, they were delicious. Slightly moist and not too crumbly, with just the right amount of sweetness.
When we served them to the Service Team at yesterday’s activity, several of them kept going back for more. A couple of them even said that they tasted just like Kenny’s! Hurray! Try it and see.

Ingredients:
• 1/2 cup butter, softened
• 2/3 cup sugar
• 1/4 cup honey
• 2 eggs
• 1/2 tsp salt
• 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
• 3/4 cup yellow cornmeal
• 1/2 tsp baking powder
• 1/2 cup milk
• 3/4 cup sweet whole kernel corn (I used the ones from the can and made sure to drain them)

Directions:
1) Preheat oven to 400ºF
2) Cream butter, sugar, honey, and eggs in a bowl, making sure to mix them well.
3) Add flour, corn meal, baking powder, and salt and mix all together, adding milk while doing so.
4) Add the corn to the mixture and fold in.
5) Grease muffin pans (or line pan with liners) and fill with batter.
6) Bake for 20 to 25 minutes (or 10 minutes for mini-muffins).

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts