22 December 2012

serving in the community

Again, another bump in our service. I had somewhat expected this, but of course I hoped I would be wrong. It may be too early to complain since nothing has happened yet, but then, that’s also one of the reasons why it’s so frustrating...nothing has happened yet! I don’t want to blame anyone or point fingers, so I’ll just blame it on the timing (so many things happened and it’s the Christmas/Year-End season). I don’t know...I just want to give up and go back to when things were (somewhat) easier and we had less responsibilities. Is it too much to ask if we want to go back to being members?

But then again, I can’t help but think of the blessings we wouldn’t have received if we said “no” from the beginning. We both had hesitations and we both thought we didn’t have the potential...but look at how much we’ve grown and accomplished since we said “yes!”  The good things far outweigh the difficult times.

I guess we should just have faith in ourselves and Him more. God wouldn’t give us something that He knew we wouldn’t be able to handle. As the saying goes “God does not call the equipped; He equips those He called.” So since He called us into this service, we’ve just gotta believe in Him the way He believes in us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts