12 October 2020

What Are You Thankful For?

Happy Thanksgiving Day!

Today is a holiday and a special day to be thankful here in Canada, and it's our first time to celebrate it!

We didn't have the traditional dinner with turkey and pumpkin pie, though. The turkeys are just too big for us to consume, and I don't know how to make pumpkin pie (or if the kids will actually like it). But of course, we know this is the day when the people in Canada remember all the things they are thankful for in their lives, the blessings they are grateful to have received.

With so many things that has happened, the fact that we're alive right now is enough to be thankful for, right? 

But since it is Thanksgiving Day, allow me to share a few things I'm truly thankful for:
● Being alive, safe and healthy; not just me but my loved ones as well.
● Every member of my family (my parents, siblings, husband, kids, in-laws, nieces, nephews, etc.)
● All our friends around the world who have been with us through thick and thin, ups and downs, highs and lows.
● My husband's job and the company he's working for that has allowed us to come to Canada.
● Being together with my husband and kids in this country. No one had to be left behind or separated.
● Our home, which is comfortable, in a good neighborhood and location, with a friendly landlord, and we're paying reasonable rent.
● The clothes that we wear and the food that we eat.
● Free schooling of our kids and the other benefits we get.
● Producing milk and breastfeeding my son for almost 18 months now.
● Being able to bake. And for all the people (family, friends, and friends of friends) who continue to appreciate and enjoy my goodies.
● Being a full-time stay-at-home mother, which allows me to spend every day with my children and watch them grow. It's hard, but so worth it!
● My brother and his family, and our friends here who we have known since we were all in Dubai. They have been super supportive, and often making sure we're alright.
● God's infinite goodness as He continues to shower upon us His countless blessings every day.

Of course there's a lot more, but those are the ones I'm grateful for every single day. Honestly, there are times when I can't help but cry happy tears when I think of God's greatness and His perfect timing in answering our prayers, because I remember that many of those were just dreams and prayers not too long ago, and now they've come true! 

There really is so much to be thankful for. Big things, small things and all the ones in between. And although Thanksgiving Day comes once a year, we should be grateful every day. I remember the priest's words during his homily when we attended mass here in Canada back in 2015: When you start being grateful, that’s when miracles begin to happen.” and who wouldn't want a miracle in their life, right?
So, what are you thankful for?

1 comment:

  1. Years ago, I told Hubby that I wanted us to have a renewal of vows for our tenth wedding anniversary. I wanted to have another wedding.. mahacsc

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts