13 January 2019

Sophie's Happy Day

Yesterday, Hubby took Caila to an event she won through Ejunior. Unfortunately, the invitation/prize was for 1 kid and 1 adult only. So just to help Sophie from feeling bad and left out, I told her I would take her to Sparky’s, Al Ghurair so that she could ice skate. She’s been wanting to go ice skating for a long time (the last time was August last year at The Galleria Ice Rink) so you can bet she was very excited.

However, when we arrived, we discovered that she was too short by a few centimetres for the minimum height required. Even though I told the staff she knew how to skate, they still wouldn’t allow her. Of course my little girl was very disappointed. To make up for it, I told her she could play games in the amusement area. She walked around and around trying to find one she liked until she finally stopped in front of one of those machines where you need to operate the claw to get a prize. The prizes were candies and it cost Dhs10 to play. Sure it would be fun but no way did I want to waste my money on that; especially since there was no guarantee that we would win! Fortunately, I managed to convince her that I could buy her more candy for the same amount at the supermarket, so off we went to Carrefour.

There she chose one item (a Push Pop candy). When I asked her if that was enough, she said “Yes. I’m very happy with this.” Fine. As we headed towards the counter, she suddenly stopped and asked if she could get another candy for her sister so that “She could be happy too.” So even though she knew her older sister was already having a good time at IMG Worlds of Adventure, Sophie still wanted to share her happiness. And after choosing, she asked if she could get another for her nanny so that “She could also be happy like me and Ate.” My daughter even asked if she should get candies for me and her Daddy but I said she didn't need to.

As soon as the items were paid and the bag was in her hands, she gave me a big smile and said “It’s ok that I didn’t go ice skating, Mommy, because this made me really happy! And Yaya and Ate will be happy too!
Aww, right? I couldn’t help but be amazed at how selfless and giving my youngest daughter was. Sure the money came from me, but what’s important is that she also thought of others. If she was happy, she wanted others to be happy as well. She really practiced what she's being taught that "Sharing is Caring."  And that alone was enough to make me happy too ☺

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts