13 October 2018

7 Reasons Why You Should Book Your Next Vacation to Taiwan

I admit it has never crossed my mind to ever visit Taiwan. If you asked me before which places I would want to go to, I’d automatically name several countries in Europe and maybe a couple in Asia. But Taiwan? Never! That is until I went to Musafir.com’s event #TaipeiNowBoarding last month where they opened my eyes to this amazing country and made me want to book my next vacation there.
So why should you visit this country in the heart of Asia? I give you 7 reasons:

1) Home to the Taipei 101 skyscraper that’s shaped like a bamboo at 509m tall, Taipei (the capital) is a modern multicultural city that buzzes with night life, shopping, night markets, cultural activities, and so much more. You definitely won’t run out of things to do and see.
Tapei 101
image source
2) Taiwan is rich in tourism resources, full of lush mountains and pristine beaches. With 9 national parks and 13 national scenic areas, this country is the exotic hidden gem of East Asia. Being a nature lover, I would really love to visit Alishan, the Sun Moon Lake, and Kenting National Park when I’m there.
Sun Moon Lake
image source
3) Cherry blossoms. Honestly, this is the first thing that caught my interest because I’ve always wanted to see cherry blossoms up close, and I thought Japan and South Korea were the only countries in Asia that had them (don’t judge me! ☺). Admit it, you’d also love to walk under these trees with the flowers falling gently around you, right?
Cherry Blossoms
image source
4) Stunning beaches. For the beach bums out there, Taiwan boasts of having some of the finest beaches and sparkling waters, with all sorts of activities for people of all ages. Baishawan, Fulong, and Kenting are just some of the beaches you can visit.
Kenting Beach
image source
5) Hot springs. Offering hot, cold, mud, and seabed hot springs, this country formerly known as Formosa, is ranked among the top 15 hot spring sites. And if you think these are only for the “bold and daring” visitors, think again. Conservative and modest tourists won’t be left out because there are also private sections that are separated from the public one.
Hot Springs
image source
6) Festivals. Lots of them! There’s the Sky Lantern Festival, Dragon Boat Festival, Art Festival, Ghost Festival, International Firework Festival, Cycling Festival, Beehive Rockets Festival, Woodcarving Hotel Art Festival…well, you get the picture ☺
Sky Lantern Festival
image source
7) Delicious food. Of course you just have to try the country’s food specialties like Tangyuan, Bu Meat, Iron Egg, and Taro Ball. And you’ll definitely not go hungry because there are snack shops and restaurants just minutes away from each other. With more than 100 Halal certified restaurants, this also makes it very easy and convenient for Muslim travellers.
image source
I can think of many more reasons, but these are the ones that made me really excited to visit Taiwan. Hopefully this trip will happen one day. Meanwhile, I’ll just check out Musafir.com’s promotions on their Taiwan holiday packages so I can start making my plan into a reality. You should too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts