08 January 2017

Try Everything

Happy New Year!  I know it’s late but it’s the only and best way I could think of to start my first post of 2017☺

So, a new year.  Since the beginning of January, I've been wondering what 2017 has in store for us. What are my plans to make it an unforgettable year?  What am I going to do?  To tell you the truth, I don't know, and I'm not the type who makes resolutions at the beginning of a new year simply because I've always felt they were nice to see listed down on paper, but so difficult to achieve in reality.

Anyway the other day, Caila came to me with the tablet (where we let her and Sophie watch YouTube clips), asked me to sit down, and watch a video she came across. So I did. And since I really like songs that have motivating messages, I liked it.

Which is why I’m sharing this song (from the movie Zootopia and sung by Shakira) to remind myself and everyone out there that we can achieve anything we want. If you fail, you just need to pick yourself up, learn from your mistakes, and try again.

And that's a great reminder for us as we're starting a new year and trying to keep those resolutions (at least, for those who made them), right? ☺
I messed up tonight, I lost another fight 
I still messed up but I'll just start again 
I keep falling down, I keep on hitting the ground 
I always get up now to see what's next 

 Birds don't just fly, they fall down and get up 
Nobody learns without getting it wrong 

 I won't give up, no I won't give in 
'Til I reach the end and then I'll start again 
No I won't leave, I wanna try everything 
I wanna try even though I could fail 
I won't give up, no I won't give in 
'Til I reach the end and then I'll start again 
No, I won't leave, I wanna try everything 
I wanna try even though I could fail 

 Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh Try everything 
Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh Try everything 
Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh Try everything 
Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh 

 Look how far you've come, you filled your heart with love 
Baby you've done enough, take a deep breath 
Don't beat yourself up, don't need to run so fast 
Sometimes we come last, but we did our best 

 I won't give up, no I won't give in 
'Til I reach the end and then I'll start again 
No I won't leave, I wanna try everything 
I wanna try even though I could fail 
I won't give up, no I won't give in 
'Til I reach the end and then I'll start again 
No I won't leave, I wanna try everything 
I wanna try even though I could fail 

 I'll keep on making those new mistakes 
I'll keep on making them every day 
Those new mistakes 

 Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh Try everything 
Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh Try everything 
Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh Try everything 
Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh 

 Try everything

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts